Introductions Part 2 !

                                                     He introduced me to Luis Rivera , an Argentinian hippy who just happened to be the head hotel maintenance man , and told Luis to look after me and get me kitted out in the hotel uniform , and to get my hair cut so I would be neat and tidy for tomorrows introduction to hotel life ,
                                                     Now Luis was a really nice guy , a bit spacey but isn't everybody in some shape or form ? He was going to be my best friend over here and in so many ways a stabilising influence on me .
                                                     I won't go too much into my hair cutting ,suffice to say I was depressed all evening and couldn't believe what I had done . Every time I looked in the mirror , I seen someone who was not me . How could I sell myself out to conformity  ?, but it had to be done no doubt about it !I'll just finish this episode by saying , I don't think I'll ever truly get over that awful experience .
                                                     The apartment was communal , there were three rooms each with four beds and I was shown mine . A locker beside my bed was my only bit of privacy that I would have for the next ten months .To be honest privacy was not something that was to be had obviously in an apartment with four beds in each room , but we made do !
                                                     One by one the occupants of each bed arrived after work and we introduced ourselves .In my room was Jean Claude from Paris , Brinda Git from New Delhi , and then there was Bob from London . Geneva , I then truly understood why it was called the most international city in the world !
                                                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

A Ghost in my Machine !