But What A Laugh !

                                                          So there you are , lying down and getting ready for sleep , and your wife decides to get herself an attack of the hiccups . You say to yourself it'll go away soon , she will be fine . There you still are 30 minutes later and she's still hiccuping , and there's not a damn thing you can do about it .Now normally if it was happening to me I'd just stand on my head and drink some water slowly upside down . But at two in the morning I don't think that would be a very good way to do things as we've both had a couple of brandies before we set off to bed .
                                                         She lies there for about another minute and I say to myself success , and then that sound burps from her mouth again , Something has to be done and quick . Ok go through all the ways of trying to get rid of hiccups , and see what is possibly the best way to do this . I suddenly get this flash across my mind , got it !
                                                         She is lying there in obvious distress , I am going to have to do this right . I will only have one chance . I think to myself the element of surprise will work .
                                                         From a lying position , I jump up in the bed and roar like a lion at her . She jumps up what the f... is going on ? She's thinking something is wrong with me , and soon forgets about her hiccups . I apologize and explain that I was only trying to stop them . She says you have frightened the shit out of me , I thought you were having a heart attack . It was done for all the right reasons I explain , then both of us just lie there laughing our asses off .
                                                        Good night I say with a hug , we lay down again , and for about one more minute the hiccups return . Laughter again , and then from nowhere they just disappear . We slowly meander our way into a peaceful sleep , thoughts of murder and strangulation gone . But what a laugh !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

A Ghost in my Machine !