Beating Stephen Hendry !

                                                            Good evening as the late and great Alfred Hitchcock used to say . I have a little story for you that will blow your socks away . Its something that I was just reminded of this afternoon . After telling the tale you will wonder how I could ever have forgotten such an  awesome event in my life . You will be wonder struck , you will be impressed and above all you will look upon me not as the mere mortal that I am , but in a whole new vein of light . Before you start telling me to shut the f... up and get on with it , I will begin the tale .
                                                            Some years ago I was working for a cigarette company , who will remain nameless . This same cigarette company promoted snooker tournaments and the like . Anyway the then world snooker champion Stephen Hendry , and another ex world champion Terry Griffiths were to play an exhibition match on site where I worked . I was chosen to play with Terry , and another co-worker Nicky was chosen to play with Stephen . It was to be a doubles match , and the whole work force were to attend .
                                                           We all arrived at the chosen location for the match , I was decidedly nervous to say the least . Playing in front of thousands of people had never been something I was ever used to , and to make matters worse there was a huge wager on the match . It had to do with the losers paying for dinner .
                                                           The round of snooker started slowly , Stephen being champion was prancing about like a peacock , playing safe . I took my shot and put Stephen straight away in to a bit of bother , my safety play being my only defence . The game grinded on , with the three colours left on the table , blue , pink and black , Stephen only needed the blue . I took my shot and what a safety shot it was , blue behind the pink . Stephen fouled the pink and Terry got in , he rattled blue pink and black to end the frame with a famous victory that meant we had just beaten the world snooker champion Stephen Hendry . You will never look upon me the same ever again !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

A Ghost in my Machine !