R.I.P. Brian Burdock !

                                                        Tomorrow's Good Friday ! So what you gonna have to eat for your dinner ? Will it be your usual Friday fare ? Will it be something special ? Or if you were raised Catholic , will it be the abstinence from red meat ?
                                                       We all know about the mysteries and the legends that surround the Catholic religion . We also know of the lies that have been bandied about with regard to the same . And how control played a huge part in the growth of Catholicism . So tell me , where do you stand on the abstinence from red meat on Friday ?




                                                       Personally , although I have so many reservations about the Catholic church and its teachings , we have always , repeat always had Fish & Chips on Good Friday . I used to drive a fair distance just to provide Fish & Chips for the family dinner on Good Friday , from an old friend of mine who is long since passed away . His name was Brian Burdock from the Burdock Fish & Chip family  , and his fish and chips were to die for . The shop is still there in Werburgh Street in Dublin and is as popular as it ever has been . There would be queue's all the way down the street just hoping that he had enough Ray or Haddock just to fulfill your order .
                                                       I remember of an evening going to The Lord Edward for a few drinks with my wife , and before we went into the pub I would always hand Brian my order and he would have it ready before eleven o clock . Now that was very important , because he would close shop before closing time in the pubs . We would just chat with him and , sometimes buy him a pint of his favourite Guinness that he would consume behind the counter while cooking his famous fish . He told me once that he had so many international customers , who would order fish & chips and get him to send it to them wherever they were in the world . A truly amazing gentleman .
                                                      I went in to him one evening , and my wife was not with me this time . He asked about her , and I told him she was in hospital recovering from an operation . I ordered the fish & chips for her , and he said bring them to her , they are on the house and give her a big hug from me , and tell her to get well soon . That's the type of man he was , a true gentleman . And in some strange way , that tradition of always having fish & chips on Good Friday , is more in remembrance of him than anything else . R.I.P Brian .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !