The Land of Christmas Disappointments !

                                                 Its getting so close now , you can almost hear the bells ringing and the reindeers swooshing across the sky . I'm sure I saw something earlier , it must have been himself on his way to Australia or someplace like that , got me kinda worried he seemed to be doing somersaults and turns in the sky . Maybe he's just having a wonderful , wonderful time ? The children are now in Super Santa mode , there's no containing them they are like greyhounds waiting for the traps to open . Soon children soon !
                                                I do love Christmas , its a great great time . Its so not a time to ponder on what might have been , or things we could have done . Its a time to look at all of our achievements and be blessed we are still alive . It really saddens me when people just keep going back to their past , especially if somewhere in there they were a little dissatisfied at Christmas or they didn't get the right gift from Santa . And now all they can think about is well I'm not going to do it that way , I'm not going to be that person . If you are one of those people , just let it go , you have more important things on your plate right now and bitterness shouldn't be one of them .
                                               You can only speak about this from experience , and I will speak about mine . There was a time when I was younger , I used to play hurling , gaelic football and soccer of course . I wasn't bad at either of those sports as well . But Christmas was coming up , and to be honest all I wanted for Christmas was a leather pair of football boots . I made it known clearly to Santa and anyone who would listen that this was my preferred Christmas present .
                                               Christmas morning I woke up excited and ran to see if said present was delivered . Please Santa just let it be this once , I thought . I opened the box containing my present and was shocked to see a Plastic pair of football boots , not leather !
                                               Disappointment was not a word and still is not a word I use lightly , but I was so upset , Santa let me down . I had no concept of cost , not idea of economics , no grasp on the grown up world of finance , I was just sad and that was it .
                                               Years later I would think back as I am doing now , and relive the ordeal , and though I understand more now on economics and the grown up world I can still recall it as if it was yesterday . Thats why this Christmas if like me you were a little disappointed on Christmas morning , make a pledge to yourself and bury it as deep as you can somewhere in the land of Christmas disappointments never to be seen or heard of again . Otherwise it will eat away at you and change you from the person you were really meant to be !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !