Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee !

                                                   On December 6th The U.S Will welcome the Full Cold Moon , or as the Native Cheyenne would call it The Moon When The Wolves Run Together  . Its a time when the evenings are longer and the days are shorter . wintry weather comes to town and optimism shuts down . Its a time for wrapping up , and keeping warm , and if your house burnt down you'd stay just for the heat alone .
                                                  I love the Native Indian culture , its full of legend and folklore , and I have always been interested in their history . To be honest I really don't know enough , but what I do know is they have had a very rough time of it ! And they are still having a rough time . They were exploited , lied to , and whole tribes of their culture wiped out . The treatment in the early years of colonization in the U.S.A was nothing more than genocide . Europeans arrived in their land and laid claim to vast areas , ignoring the Native Indians privilege .
                                                  I used to go to the movies in the early sixties when as a child I always liked the western movie , of which there were plenty . All the boys wanted to be cowboys , so that they could shoot the savage Indians . This was how they were portrayed , nothing more than savages who needed to be eradicated from the face of the earth . As children we all bought into the American propaganda , they were the cowboys , and cowboys never lie ! Its hard to believe that we accepted this bullshit week in week out . Still we knew no better , I mean if John Wayne said they were savages and should be shot on sight , who were we to argue ?
                                                 If like me you have even a tiny bit of interest in their history , check out a book I read many years ago called " Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee " by Dee Brown , and if ever a book explained the Native American Indians history in glorious detail , this is the book you should get . Get it and read it , you wont be disappointed !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !