Yeah Something Like That !

                                                           You know I often just sit and  watch people going about their business . And I wonder from time to time what's happening in their world . I love the expressions when something is either too difficult for them , or they have just mastered the secret of opening a packet of cigarettes . You can see them curse to themselves , and sometimes you can even see them smile to themselves oblivious to their hidden audience . That's the time that amuses me the most , when they've smiled having accomplished the impossible , and they congratulate themselves with a few words of  applause .
                                                          As you have guessed I am a people watcher , an avid fan of human behaviour . I don't judge , I just watch . The hidden gems of people interacting with each other can be truly priceless . To them its just the usual banter , but to an onlooker it can be the ultimate in street entertainment . Sometimes happy and unfortunately sometimes sad .
                                                         You watch like a voyeur , people and their own personal idiosyncrasies , their twitches , their stumbles and sometimes their falls . You will help if help is needed , but there will be enough embarrassment having already taken over , that they will have unsuccessfully hoped that their fall had gone unnoticed .
                                                        I have been that person on numerous occasions . The latest being one of the funnier episodes .I am in a smoking area in a foreign airport , and taking as much time as possible to enjoy just one more cigarette before its time to get on board . Having not heard the announcement to board , a non smoking friend of ours comes running in saying that the last call for us , and named had been made .  Of course cigarette was duly extinguished , and we ran post haste toward the boarding gate . Now picture this , an international airport , full of so many different nationalities , and me running across the tiles making my way toward the boarding gate . I am wearing some real cool leather sandals , the toe of one which catches an invisible tile , that sends me flying in one direction , and the sandal in the other . The sole of the sandal never moved from the impact , and lay on the floor close to this invisible tile . Firstly I gathered myself , then the sandal , and then the sole from the sandal . Unknowns to me , I had an audience . They clapped , they cheered , and then they laughed . I then warned them all that not one word was to be said about this unfortunate event , and failure to do so was punishable by death . I boarded the plane with my sandal on , and the sole from the sandal tucked carefully in my pocket .
                                                      As I have related this story to you , I know I can trust you all implicitly not to share my unfortunate accident with others . I never planned for
Yeah Something Like That !
that day to be the entertainment in the airport , but sometimes you are called upon without any prior notification , and you just have to put your best foot forward . No Pun Intended !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Breaking News ! Courtesy of Alternative News Service !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !