You in the Singular !

                                                                      To have been raised and having grown up in Dublin from the year 1953 till the present day , would seem like a very long time . In truth its the guts of sixty three years , and having lived those years , and having learnt what I have learned throughout that time , from a personal point of view , as well as from a social perspective , fills my being with pride and wonderment . Pride for all of the good things that have come my way , and wonderment , that I am still able to take in what's new in the world without it confusing me too much


.
                                                                     Not having been over educated when it came to schooling , in fact I only went as far as second year in secondary school . I was too interested in other things , cinematic things , as well as musical to waste my time on education . I learned what I had to learn , but never overdid it . But when push came to shove when I was fourteen , a job and some money were the only things that mattered to me .
                                                                    So having gone the way most of my generation went , it wasn't a surprise to find out later in life , that leaving school early wasn't a particularly good idea .I wanted more , and I wanted it as soon as possible , and I did what I had to do to get where I thought I was going . And where was that I hear you ask ? If I think honestly about that question , the answer always would have to be nowhere . Because no matter what you think you want to do , me not having a plan or a map of where this road was heading , simply meant it was doomed to failure from the get go .
                                                                   That's not to say that it wasn't enjoyable finding out you fu.... up . Just a little bit disappointing when you set aside time to seriously think about it .But for all of the mistakes you make . there are hundreds of lessons to behold .You think everything is doomed to failure , because it's you whose making all of these decisions . Where in fact every mistake you make , can be turned in to a positive if you have the sense to never make that same mistake again .Easier said than done I know , but later on you just question your decisions , where before , there was no alternative . There was no other way .This is what growing up does for you , it kinda slaps you into reality , when you mess up often enough .
                                                                  So alright , lets call this alternative education . It's not on any school curriculum , its not part of any course you will see advertised . But it is just as important as any history lesson , in any school day . And with all of that behind me as my experience and having been an honours student in the University of Life , I no longer felt disappointed in some foolish choices I made when it came to my studies and my future .
                                                                 This is just a statement from me to me , reminding myself that just because you mess up it doesn't mean the end of the world . Every time you fall , you pick yourself up and brush yourself down and you do it all over again . But this time , and every time after that , you will know that you have made the correct decision FOR YOU . Not for anyone else , but for you in the singular .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !