That's Why I like Quirky ! And I love Helen Mirren too !

                                                                 You all know I'm kinda a movie buff , and there's nothing more enjoyable than sitting down and enjoying a good movie . It doesn't really matter what subject the said movie is about , the genre doesn't matter either , but if it has the capacity to grab your attention and keep that attention fixed for a couple of hours , well it has done its job . You will have lost yourself in someone else's story , and you will have either laughed , cried , supported the hero or hated the villain . Either way it has had you transfixed worrying about its outcome , and whether it'll be a  happy ever after , or it has just left you dumbfounded .
                                                                 I have been enjoying movies all my life , and to ask of me who would be my favourite actor , or my favourite movie , would be like asking a mother who her favourite child is . As you know its quite impossible , as the minute you have chosen your favourite , your memory kicks up something else . Its a real no win situation , but its the ability of a storyline  to capture your attention and keep it , now that's the real secret .
                                                                There are times you just want some mindless fun with the likes of a Transformers movie , and then you just want a rom-com , and then there's the thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat . But then there's the time when you just want to be carried away and get lost in something maybe a little strange , something a little different , and as my wife puts it , something a little quirky . I love quirky , sometimes its hard just to make out where its actually going , until you get to the point where everything suddenly makes sense .
                                                               I can be terrible in that respect , as when you're watching a movie and everything is already decided and worked out in your head , and it then becomes just boringly predictable . Such a waste of time , you've already realized who the killer is after five minutes , and who the next victim is . So you have realized at this stage that I am not a very good movie companion , because if it has not caught me after maybe fifteen minutes , it doesn't deserve my full attention , and I will not waste time on it .
                                                              What kind of movie companion are you ? What is it that does it for you ? What makes one movie so much better than another ? And when does the time come , that you just say to yourself Haven't we seen it all before ? And make no mistake we have all seen it before , and that's why I like Quirky , and I love Helen Mirren too !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !