Memories I Need Reminding Of !

                                                                When you are a young child , you don't really take too much notice of people that surround you . Be they friends or family , normally you would lose contact with these people through no fault of your own , its just the way it is .
                                                                When I was about 8 years old I was introduced to somebody who at that time turned out to be my niece . I had no idea what that meant , only that I now had a status in life that didn't center solely around me . It was nice to assume that role , and as the years passed by I used to play with that same niece . We watched television together , because her mam was my eldest sister , we used to visit them a lot .
                                                                I never really appreciated how that relationship would develop , as there was plenty of drama that would separate us from knowing each other more , so much more than we should have . Jump forward maybe 50 years and try and get your head round the fact that during that time we may only have been in each others company 5-6 times . But we remembered each other , and when we did meet we always had plenty to talk about .
                                                               Now as it happens , I had the opportunity to talk to her for the first time in almost 25-30 years , and would you believe we still connected as if all that went before had been but a blur . Circumstances , and things really beyond our control , have meant that hopefully the future will bring a little more contact than previously . That is my wish , and when asked she also agreed to this .
                                                               She has lived away for so many years and has made a good life for herself . She has a partner who has made her happy , and that is all you can expect from life . That's my philosophy anyway . Seemingly a philosophy that she has also .
                                                              I want to believe that because we are both a lot older , and hopefully wiser , we can make up for times lost , again due to circumstances beyond our control .
                                                              I will conclude by saying , hope you had a wonderful Christmas , the bad news we expected has come to pass . I hope the new year sees you in the position we spoke about , and that we can see more of each other . Just know that I am thinking of you more now than I ever had before , not because we are both getting older , but because speaking to you has resurrected memories long lost in the passage of time .Memories I need reminding about .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !