A Very Common Occurrence !

                                                            My wife and I went to the movies last night with some very good friends . So what , what's so special about that I hear you say ? Well to be honest , nothing really . I mean a lot of people go to the movies all the time and they don't go as far as to blog about it . Right ? Well they aren't me and if I want to do it , to hell with it , I will .
                                                            The four of us entered the cinema for the 9 pm showing of The Martian with Matt Damon in Cinema 6 at 8.55 pm . Found our seats row G , Seats 2,3,4,and 5. and settled in . We chatted a little while we waited for the showing to start , I wanted to see all of the trailers of the new movies coming out , as you do . Anyway at 9.05 pm the showing still hadn't started , it was 9.10 pm when the lights went low and things got under way .
                                                           Then this couple arrived and said to John , that's my friends name by the way , that we should move up one seat as they had booked the first two seats . We duly obliged as there was one free seat at my end . But I could see that John was not too pleased being interrupted in the manner in which he was .So , remember its dark in the cinema at this stage , John proceeds to take out his phone and turns on the torch to check his tickets . You see it was the manner in which the other guy confronted John that he didn't quite like , and you can't really blame him , he WAS a bit abrupt . Having checked the tickets John mumbled beneath his breath that he had the right tickets , and was in the correct seats initially , but decided not to force the issue . Anyway the other guy didn't reply to his mumblings , he obviously seen the four of us as a threat to his safety . Wise man !
                                                          After what seemed like an age after all the advertisements , we started watching the trailers , and to be honest they were very good .But the last one was going on for a little while longer than you would expect , it was called Crimson Peak the new movie by Guillermo Del Toro , a really good director , he's the same guy that directed Pan's Labyrinth a truly wonderful movie . I digress . When suddenly after maybe five minutes of watching what we thought was a trailer, we all kinda realised that this is the movie on show in this cinema .
                                                         Firstly , I realise that we had the right seat tickets , but were in the wrong cinema . At this stage is was 9.30 pm and The Martian had begun at 9.00 pm , no point in retracing our steps , we'd started so we had better finish watching Crimson Peak .I enjoyed it to be honest , but the other three were not so impressed .Just as well John didn't forcibly remove that couple from their seats , I mean John didn't even apologise . I would have helped him if I was given the nod , and that makes me just as guilty as him .
                                                        We explained what had happened to the girl in the foyer after the movie to which she replied " A very common occurrence that , happens all the time " .

                                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

Breaking News ! Courtesy of Alternative News Service !