Lesson Learned !P

                                                                    I know its Sunday , and I also know its supposed to be a day of rest , but certain things needed doing , right ? First of all anything that remotely reminds you of  Christmas had to be taken down and put away , albeit reluctantly (I don't think so !) . So decorations , stand-in Christmas tree (A long Story ), Christmas lights , ornaments , I think you get the idea , were all taken down in quite a hurry .
                                                                   Everything was put into their particular boxes , they were bagged and brought upstairs to be hidden for the next twelve months . There were smiles on both our faces at a job well done .Now all of this wasn't planned , it was like one thing borrowed another , and suddenly there we both were thundering into it .And I know you're not supposed to take them down till the 6th , but when you're on a roll , well you just have to go with it .
My position before the accident !
                                                                  Alright , ladder is in place , attic is open , and no we don't have a built in ladder going up there if that is what you are thinking , just a tallish step ladder and the best of intentions . I pulled the first large bag up and slotted it into its correct place , and then the second , everything was going wonderfully and according to plan .Now at this stage I start taking stupid risks , as you do , I mean everything was going well wasn't it ? The last bag wasn't particularly big , but as I was placing it up there , it got caught on the corner of the attic . At this point I had to stand on the very top of the ladder to try and get it free but you see there was the risk I stupidly took .
                                                                  I pulled the bag so hard to dislodge it , and in doing so I accidentally pushed the ladder sideways onto the floor . There was no time for anyone to record this for posterity with their smart phone or video camera , as I proceeded to scream in my wife's direction downstairs for assistance . There I was hanging from the attic opening , with my arms holding on for dear life , as my brave and courageous wife scrambled up the stairs to help . Eventually she brought the ladder up so I could regain my balance and grip on the ladder , to a very large sigh of relief from the both of us .
My position after the accident !
                                                                  I stood on top of the ladder for several moments trying to regain my composure . But seriously , all I could do was laugh . Maybe from the relief of it all , and eventually my wife laughed too after regaining her breath , lost while tackling that Everest of a staircase . Well I am sure that's what it must have seemed like at the time .
                                                                 I can honestly report that I am fine , except for the bruises under both my arms received  from holding onto that attic door for dear life . I will not be taking such risks in future believe me . LESSON LEARNED !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !