Not even a Decent Remote Control & Two tiny chocolates in a small Cardboard Box !

                                                                       Hello to all of my faithful readers . I am in a bit of a quandary , and I need to get a few things off of my chest . I will make no apologies for what I am about to share , other than maybe some of you out there will relate to what I have to say . Either way I will write this in my own words and about my own personal choices to which just like you I am perfectly entitled !           
                                                                       Firstly let me explain , I am unashamedly a smoker . I like smoking ! I am probably addicted to smoking , but as I stressed earlier this is my own choice . no one has coerced me . It is whether one agrees with it or not , legal to smoke cigarettes . And being a smoker one should always be aware of the non-smokers of this world . They should as I do respect their space , respect their lungs , and take all means necessary to make sure our smoke is not shared with an unwilling host . On the flip side of the coin , I would expect that same respect and consideration towards me in relation to my personal choices as well . Now that we have that out of the way I will continue .
                                                                       My wife and I decided to have a little break in a nice hotel for our ruby anniversary in the Midlands in Ireland . It was pissing rain when we arrived , so we booked in and went to our room . Room was small but comfortable , we made some tea for ourselves and sat down . We drank our tea , and we both studied the do's and don't associated with this room . A non smoking room , as expected , we were going to adhere to their non smoking policy .But before we had time to enjoy our tea , we read on one of their information leaflets , that to smoke in the room carries a hefty 250 euro fine . If the guest did smoke and left some incriminating evidence , e.g ash on the carpet etc , they would be fined an extra hefty 250 euro . Not being a person who is troubled by a fear factor , my wife & I finished our tea . Now at this point any smoker will tell you a cigarette either accompanies a cup of tea , or will be smoked after a cup of tea . We left our room and made our way downstairs to the reception , to ask about smoking areas & if there were any . We were informed that a small canopy just outside the front entrance could be used , and is designated as said smoking area .
                                                                       We both went outside and stood under this canopy and had our cigarette , we were both pissed on ( The rain hadn't abated since we arrived ) , we were not impressed !
                                                                       We went back to our room , and I checked the Sony 37" television out . Let me explain , I always bring a small external hard drive with me when visiting hotels , be it home or away . This drive is nothing complicated , has a usb connection on it , and it slotted nicely into the side of the television . I turned on the TV and looked for the source button on the remote control ,  so I could access my hard drive , and discovered there wasn't one . The reason being , this remote control was a ONE FOR ALL remote that you can buy in the likes of deals for 2 euro .
                                                                       I brought this to the attention of the girl in reception , who passed it on to the manager . I waited a while nothing happened . My point about all of this is to me pretty obvious . These places hit you with you can't do this and you can't do that otherwise you'll be fined 500 euro , and yet , they CANNOT supply their guests with a working remote control . A SONY remote control .
                                                                       I would like to share that there was a happy ending but there wasn't . My wife & I went for another cigarette outside in the pissing rain . Having already paid for the hotel in advance , we left the hotel never to return . What a waste of money & more importantly , time
                                                                       I probably won't get much sympathy for this , and some of you will think this petty . But as I asked earlier in this piece , the respect forwarded to you the non smoker  , should be reciprocated  right back to the smoker . Nothing too elaborate , just a dry warm smoking area where one can enjoy maybe a cup of coffee and a cigarette . Is that too much to ask ? 
                                                                       Oh and by the way , your advertising chocolates on arrival left a lot to be desired .TWO LONELY CHOCOLATES in a tiny cardboard box , And NO SONY REMOTE CONTROL , says enough about your hotel !
                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !