R.I.P Phillip !

                                                                    It's so hard to think of mortality without thinking firstly of yourself , and really what it means to you . Everyone takes mortality for granted , its like well I am still alive therefore it doesn't really effect me , and therefore I won't want to think about it . Selfish maybe ? Inconsiderate possibly ? Human nature absolutely ! And final so very very definitely !
                                                                   Today my wife's sister said goodbye to her only son Phillip .Devastated is a word that is frequently used to describe all sorts of feelings in relation to our own emotions and sometimes the lack of them . But today I seen devastation firsthand , and there was never any thought of over exaggeration in the emotions and tears that were shed today .
                                                                   I didn't know Phillip that well , and maybe that was my loss . Because from all of the stories told today about him , I got the distinct impression that he was truly loved by his friends , and especially his family . As I spoke to family members afterwards , we all agreed that losing one's wife or husband after a very fruitful life is not welcomed , but accepted as an eventuality we cannot escape . But when someone dies , not having fulfilled all of his or her promise , now that is particularly painful .
                                                                  As I said earlier in this piece , we do take our lives for granted and our time spent . We  would never consider using every minute as if it  was our last , sure why would we ? We're all gonna live forever . Well today I was reminded of just how silly that sort of attitude actually is . I am not saying live inside a bubble , but I am really getting to the stage where a lack of appreciation for every moment spent is simply an insult to ourselves  .
                                                                 I tried to put myself in that sorrowful situation today , like we would normally say in someone else's shoes , and found even the thought of it  so very very harrowing . I won't do that again , I won't ever think in that vein again . That is a space reserved for the strong ! That is a space where only the grieving have a right to be . Yes we can try and understand , but to try and stand in the shoes of a family with such a loss to bear , is neither right for you , and is neither good for you . Just be thankful the loss is not yours . But like every circle of life , your time will come . As the man said no one's getting out of here alive !
                                                                R.I.P Phillip !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zionism and its Supporters , A Cancer That Needs Extracting !

Happiest of New Years Everybody !

These People I Represent are ALIENS !